I am so excited you came by!

Sunday 17 February 2019

Happy 10th Lungaversary to ME!!!!

In honour of Family Day weekend here in ONTARIO!!!

This weekend is a big deal in my family.  Not just because it's family day, but because on the 16th of February 2009, Ontario's first family day, at 6 am ... my family's life was changed forever.

After 10 years...

I still cry
I still wake up every morning, take a deep breath and thank God that he sent me a donor to love.
I still dream of meeting my donor family...
I still thank my lucky stars that God gave me the perfect surgeon to take care of me and my donor,
I still look at my scar and can't believe it happened to me,
I still can't believe it happened to me...
I still have survivors guilt.

My donor letter is pretty long this year, for obvious reasons.  So now I am trying to figure out what to put in this letter, that I don't tell them every single year.  I need something stronger than, Thank you!  I understand that Thank you is all I need to say to them, but they deserve to know more, they deserve to hear everything that i have accomplished that i wouldn't have otherwise.

The guilt this year is stronger than most... again for obvious reasons! 

I just want to meet them, hug them, praise their existence. Is that too much to ask?

Yes... it is!

I wonder if they are looking at the same moon tonight?

Are they crying, because while I am celebrating life, I am also mourning the death of my donor, and the loss that their family has to deal with.  I just want to make them all better, take away their sadness.  How does that song go...  

Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do
For the morning sun in all it's glory

Meets the day with hope and comfort too
You fill my life with laughter, somehow you make it better
Ease my troubles, that's what you do
There's a love less defined

And its yours and its mine
Like the sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one, to the one
Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do
There's a love less defined

And its yours and its mine
Like the sun
And at the end of the day
We should give thanks and pray
To the one, to the one
Have I told you lately that I love you?

Have I told you there's no one else above you?
Fill my heart with gladness, take away all my sadness
Ease my troubles, that's what you do
Take away all my sadness, fill my life with gladness

Ease my troubles, that's what you do


Van Morrison will always make me feel better.  
Either in his music or his poetry.

Thank you to my other family, one I have yet to meet, one I have yet to thank in person, one I will always, always, always think of, pray for and LOVE!

Thank you... so very, very much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...