I am so excited you came by!

Thursday 6 December 2018

CF Adult Comfort Kits

Good evening my friends,

So, seeing as 2019 is a major milestone for me on more than one level, I want to share with you my current project.

This project is called the "CF Adult Comfort Kit"

This isn't to say that children aren't affected by CF, because obviously they are.  but it seems that everywhere we turn the kids get all the support.  CHEO is a great place, I had never had to experience the life lived by so many in those walls.  So all I know is the adult admissions process, and the fact that i have had to be admitted at the last minute.  Trust me, it's a shitty experience.

Adults are outnumbering the kids now, so i think it's time that we get some attention.  Here is my reasoning...

I will be celebrating my 10th Lung Transplant Anniversary on the 16th of February, AND i will be celebrating my 40th birthday on April 30th.  To say that this is a small feat , would be a lie.  Damn, i am working hard at keeping my lungs healthy, my kidney's are struggling, but it's a small price to pay, I have an extra 10 years where I wouldn't have had an extra 2 weeks.

This is just the beginning of many more wonderful years with my family and friends.  those friends who are in my life, are pretty much family now.  They stuck with us from the beginning, no questions asked.  So let's talk about these kits a little more.

Inside these kits we will hopefully have... wait, i never told you the magic number of kits... 50!  My birth year (40) and anniversary (10) years added together. Ok, on to the fun stuff...

Kits contain the following (hopefully)
- twin size quilts
- snacks including trail mix, candy (Swedish berries and fish)
- Ground Soap soap bars - Donation 
- Shampoo/conditioner
- Razors and shaving cream
- Tooth past, toothbrush & dental floss
- USB of a video greeting and music videos & music - Courtesy of Moi!
- Pillow case
- Slippers/socks
- Lotions (hand/body)
- Letter and words of affirmation and love and support.
- Puzzle books and notebooks

I know, this seems a little unrealistic, and I agree... somewhat, but until I know that the adults in Eastern Ontario are taken care of, then maybe one day, all the adults across the country will be loved and appreciated.  We are the ones who went through the drug trials, and such to entertain the thought that there would be a cure, or even a partial cure for us down the road. 

If you would like to send some supplies for my kits, i am open to any donation.  If you have an amazing idea to add to the kits, I am welcome to suggestions.  No suggestion is to little or too big.  I will provide an address to you if you want to participate in this great initiative.  

Special thanks to Krispy Kernels for providing some snacks for the kits, Ground Soap for the soap donation and for the possibility of 10 quilt donations from the Quilters Guild in Cornwall, Ontario.  you have helped to make this gift possible.  I can't do this all on my own.  i am counting on my friends and family to help me raise the necessary donations.  

This initiative starts today and I am hoping to have them ready for distribution on May 1st, 2019.

Love to all who can helps and love to all who want to but can only help by making a letter donation to the Adult who needs a little love.  these kits have to be created with love.  Imagine your loved one is being admitted to the hospital and needs some comforts of home, that maybe your contribution will make them feel loved, and admired.  I wouldn't be here without the sacrifices of those before me. like Dexter, Marc, the Richer's and so many, many more who never made it to their adult lives.

Thank you all, Love to all
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...