I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Gift Of 8 Campaign

Good Day to all... 

I am attaching a link to this post regarding my Gift of 8 Campaign.

this Campaign is to get 2000 people to register with the "Be A Donor" website, to add your name to a growing, but not fast enough, registry for Organ Donation.

Image result for trillium gift of lifeAs my 10 year Ling Transplant anniversary comes up, I am working on a few items on my bucket list, and getting people to register is on that list.  I am going to 2000 registrations, or checks.  this is obviously a very important campaign for me, it doesn't cost money, just about 5 minutes of your time.

If you are having issues, or need help with registration, please ask for help.

In case you aren't sure, here are some facts to help you out.



Registration: Key Facts

  • Donor registration is confidential and will not impact one’s medical care. Registration status is only accessed at end-of-life to share a person’s donation wishes with their family.
  • Donor registration gives families clear evidence of their loved one’s donation decision. It relieves families of the burden of making a donation decision on their loved one’s behalf at a difficult time.
  • Anyone over the age of 16 can register. People of all ages and medical histories should consider themselves potential donors.
  • One can easily change or withdraw their donor registration at any time.
  • Even if a person has signed a donor card, they still need to register by clicking Register or by visiting a ServiceOntario centre. Donor cards are no longer used in Ontario.
  • Donation in Ontario is managed by Trillium Gift of Life Network, a not-for-profit agency of the Ontario government.
Bring hope to those who are waiting for a life-saving transplant and register now, register or check your status at this link.
I have just verified my registration, and this is what came up when I updated my preferences.

YOU ARE A REGISTERED ORGAN AND TISSUE DONOR


On behalf of all Ontarians waiting for a life saving transplant,

THANK YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...