I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 14 August 2018

Cucumber Therapy...


Hello friends,

So, about 2 months ago, i bought one of those grow your own kits at Giant tiger, and I thought that since I absolutely love cucumbers that this kit was the way to go.  

Stupid me didn't think to take pictures of the initial process of germinating the seeds... 

WAIT I found 2, from about 10 days after planting the seeds.

 

So, it needs to be known that I have never successfully grown anything, well wait now, that's not entirely true, I did grow a tomato bush a few years back while Derek was out West. It was my therapy then, and it worked, until the plant produced 1 tomato and subsequently died. :(

So, deciding to try another fruit/veggie was what I was meaning to go for, and cucumbers are the key. They will definitely be more appreciated than tomatoes, nothing against them, just not our favorite. Mind you, show me to a fresh tomato, still warmed from the sun, and I will devour it, only fresh summer Toms though.

OK, so back to my cucumbers, my therapy for this summer.  Today I went to take a look at them since transplanting them in early July.  This is what the looked like after transplant. OMG, I just realized, I'm a surgeon, I "TRANSPLANTED" a living entity. bahaha, Don't think my surgeon would appreciate that.  

Just call me Dr. Alison Proulx, PD (Plant Doctor) teehee.

~ These were taken July 12, 2018

That is a critter guard, the white netting.  Had an incident with the plant
in the brown pot, she had her stem eaten.


~ Pictures taken July 27th, 2018

You know I have to admit, I am pretty proud of my accomplishments.  Here are my cucumber plants on the 27th, why have I not been posting these sooner.  lol

This gal seems to be a darker
green than the others
This gal is the one who suffered
some stem damage.
  
These girls seem to be smaller
than all the others, they seem stunted.
These two girls are the strongest,
they are the biggest of them all.


~ Large Plant update, August 3, 2018

I say large plant because I kind of gave up on some of the smaller plants.  They weren't growing at the same rate as my larger plants. But I will still keep them in their planters, because well, you never really know.

So, here is the big plant update, in pictures.

She is getting bigger!
We have FLOWERS!!!





















~ So, August 8th, these are all my little babies...

These are my big plants,
 they have many flowers
Here you can really see the deep green
of one plant, I suspect a different
kind of cucumber in this one.
~ TODAY, August 14th, 2018 I would like to introduce you to some pretty miraculous little veggies, that I honestly thought would not make it to this point.

All plants have produced flowers,
I know it's a transplant miracle,
Just like their momma!

My Dark green Plant has, from what I can see, at least 4 Cucumbers starting... she also seems to be a creeper plant, creeping cross the pot rather than up her vine, she also does not posses the little climber tentacles to hold them up.

      

My larger plants. There are 2 very noticeable cucumbers starting... you can see her climbing tentacles to keep her upright and climbing.  Where my Dark green plant does not.

  

And here are my last two little plants who have flowered and are now just kind of, there, but I am not giving up on them, not yet.  Even though one is clearly compromised, she is still growing strong.

         

~ If anyone reading this, has any suggestions as to why these three plants aren't thriving like their counterparts, I open to advice.  Please note, they all have the same amount of sun throughout the day.

Thank you for taking this amazing journey into gardening and my own form of transplant therapy.  Helping another living organism thrive in new soil, now temperatures and new life.  

Welcome aboard the Transplant life.

Much love
~ A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...