I am so excited you came by!

Monday 6 August 2018

Let the countdown begin...

Let the countdown begin...

What countdown you ask!
Well there are 2 amazing countdowns to be aware of.

Are you ready for this...

COUNTDOWN #1 - February 16, 2019

This is a monumental date, because on this day, someone I have never met gave me one of life's most precious gifts, most selfless act possible, and went into the history book for being the first Double Lung Transplant on the very first Family Day in Ontario.

If you haven't guessed, although I am sure you have, February 16, 2019 marks the 10 year anniversary of my Double Lung Transplant, that was necessary due to end stage Cystic Fibrosis.  I have my donor family to thank as well as my amazing doctors and nurses.  My surgeon Dr. Du Perron in Toronto, my fantastic Cystic Fibrosis doctor, Dr. Shawn Aaron. I also have to send a shout out to Dr. Ficara, because he was the one that suggested I get assessed for transplant.  Now if i can find him, thank him properly, he has no idea as to the outcome of his persistence.  Hmmm, how to find him!  lol

I will never forget that day, not only did i travel to Ottawa with my bestie Rebecca her man at the time Chris, who is now her hubby. Rebecca was with me in the clinic, when some comments were made by the new Nurse, Ena.  I told them that I wouldn't be admitted to hospital, over my dead body, Ena's comment was... "Well isn't that ironic". 

Rebecca and I looked at each other in astonishment.  I think that was my lowest point, and to have her there made it somewhat more tolerable. We then met up with Rebecca's brother Matt, who is like my little brother, at St. Hubert's on St. Laurent.  We drove up in a red Honda Prelude, me coughing and spitting my germs into an empty PEPSI can.  My beverage of choice. lol

*Please note that Ena, is the best nurse.  She has learned a lot about CF patients, how our minds work, and what we go through in one day, far surpasses anything that any one person would encounter in their lifetime. 

We kick some serious ass.

COUNTDOWN #2 - April 30, 2019

This day, this very amazing and wonderful day, will be celebrated with friends and family, it will coincide with the 10th Anniversary of my Double Lung Transplant, because on this magical day, I turn... wait for it... 

40


Aaaaahhhhhh, I cannot believe that I will be 40 years old.  A birthday I never thought I would see.  After being told by doctors to not expect to make it to 20, let alone 40. This is so awesome.  Every morning the beauty of a deep breath awakens my soul, the bright sun shining into my face reminding me, if the sun can come up every morning, I can sure as hell wake up too.

Everyday... grateful, is not just a word in my vocabulary, it's my meaning, my life, my salvation.

I welcome you all to embrace the days you have with love, gratitude and most importantly a sense of fulfillment, you woke up today, you took a breath today, you put you pants on one leg at a time.  But the most important of these things, is that your family, your friends and your loves will be able to hold you, love you and thank you for being here.  I now I thank you for reading my blog, for advising me on the simple things.  Knowing that I can hopefully help you, and help your loved ones gain insight in CF, transplant and living life in the moment.

We all have a role to play in the successes of others, we also ave a role to play in our failures.  Don't remember them as failures, they are lessons yet to be learned.  Wake up, energized and ready to learn something new about yourself, your friends, your family.  Believe in today!

With loads of love, I thank you!

Kisses
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...