I am so excited you came by!

Sunday 28 January 2024

No Bad Days

Like sands through the hour glass, so are the days of our lives "insert dramatic music here"

2023... where did you go?!

We are the last week of January, and... and... I don't know how I feel about this.

Well, I have lived another beautiful month.

Update on my Firefighting experience, well I still haven't heard anything yet! IT IS KILLING ME!

To my friendlies reading this

I am on the hunt for a gently used book called "Essentials of Firefighting 7" this is a college textbook, that you can buy anywhere, however I cannot afford the $200 it costs to buy it brand new. I have some feelers out to some of College going friends, where the Pre-Fire service courses are being offered. But if you or anyone you know, has a copy they don't mind selling to a die hard Fire enthusiast, suppressing them not starting them, You know where to find me. lol

I have taken this conversation on with my CF team in Ottawa, but I think I mentioned this to you all not long ago. They say "Go for it", "You know the risks..." blah blah blah. Yeah I risk working a job that I am passionate about, that drives me, that excites me, a job where I want to keep learning, keep studying... ME STUDY! I know I just checked my temperature, bahaha A job that I feel that my heart beats for, I bleed for, and I breath for.

"Let me go Bull" ~Axe to Bull in Backdraft

"You go, we go" ~Bull to Axe as they fall from a broken rafter. Axe to his untimely death, and Bull... I can't talk about it. I love you Kurt Russell.

A friend of mine has just opened a Montessori style school, where kids learn in a way that will excite them, that will engage them by using methods that pull you in. Doing the learning thing, with things that you are actually interested in. Where the hell was this kind of learning when I went to school. If there was one teacher, who would have seen the potential in me, who know what rank I would be in the fire services.

"I could have been a contender." ~ Marlon Brando in "On the Waterfront"

Friendlies, we will be starting the countdown.

To What, you may ask!

Well, there's a big event happening in about 2 and a half weeks, make sure to tune in each week, so little bit of this, and little bit of that. Each post will have a clue as tot he event I am discussing.  In fact February proves to be quite fruitful for my blogging skills.

Stay tuned for more fun and adventures to come.

#cfwarrior #cysticfibrosissenior 

LOVE LOVE LOVE

~Me


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...