I am so excited you came by!

Friday 24 April 2020

I'm Still alive...

Hey Readers... if your still out there! lol

I haven't been very present on here in about a year.  Not because I didn't have anything to say, I have plenty to say, I guess I just felt that things weren't as important to tell you about.  Now that's not very social of me is is?  And at this point there is no real reason to not be here, expressing my feelings.

Not sure if you aware of the state we are living in right now.  Basically the WORLD is on lock down.  Yup this Pandemic we are living through called Coronavirus or COVID-19.  No, it's not a result of no Corona, has nothing to do with the imported lager from Mexico, unfortunately for them, this whole thing y be a little bit inconvenient for them.  I'm so sorry Corona, the beer, not the pandemic.

So basically we are all holed up in our homes, being asked not to go anywhere, to "Social distance" 

Wouldn't that be an oxymoron?

Social according to the Miriam-Webster dictionary means this:


  • : marked by or passed in pleasant companionship with friends or associates 
  • an active social life

How on earth can we distance ourselves when the word Social essentially means to gather? And distancing, well that's pretty self explanatory. 

Distancing according the Miriam-Webster dictionary means:

  • : to make or maintain a personal or emotional separation from to place or keep at a distance
  • able to distance themselves from the tragedy
  • distances herself from her coworkers
So, I am thinking that maybe they should have come up with some other term, cause now they are making me feel really dumb. Not only has this situation put fear into some people, others are just being stupid... plain and simple. they ask us to stay home, stay safe, while others are just going about their days as though there is nothing going on.  Sure there are conspiracy theorists, and well there always are, you can believe what you believe, don't push you shit on me. I am naturally in introvert, I enjoy staying inside my home, with a good book and food.  AND that's what I have, with the added bonus of the company of my Love and social butterfly hubby.  He's having a harder time with this, I think, than I am.Speaking of books... what we weren't... oh well then let's change that.  BahahahaApril alone I have read 3 books, I am on my third, March I read 2.Here were March's reads:32943032. sy475           41556894. sy475 Here are April's reads:32051912    34130008    45033931  Currently reading:34228339
Not sure you can identify my pattern or not.  I love Historical Fiction novels.  I am loving the books, by Heather Morris, Gill Paul.  I am totally fascinated by novels that took place during WWII, especially the historical fiction novels.  So if there are any that you have read, dear reader, please, share your thoughts with me!
Much love~A

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...