I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 10 February 2015

It's that time again...

Hey there friends,

It's that time of year again.  Yep, my Lungaversary. 6 glorious years.

I had a notion to do some research on deaths in Ontario on the 16th of February 2009, or in and around that time.  But I haven't done this as of yet.  I had this whole wonderful event planned on the 16th of February this year, because every day follows on the same day of my transplant 6 years ago.

 If I can get just a few people to indulge me and be a part of something that is so important to me, would be the making of a wonderful event.  But there have been no response to my request that I have made. I wanted people to write a little note, a sentiment, a bible verse, a quote anything to thank them for their selflessness and their strong hearts be be able to donate their loved ones to complete strangers.

Is this too much to ask?

It must be because no one has even given me a simple answer as to why they will or wont.  Not even my best friends are going to participate in this event, and that truly hurts. But if they asked me to do something I am there without a question.  I guess I am asking something too personal, maybe not everyone is for Organ donation, if that's the case, then how are we even friends?  I am breathing and living today because of a family that believed that their loved one will live on a little longer.  I am so confused!

I honestly thought that this was something we all shared, and could be a part of.  But I guess i was surly mistaken on that one.

Why doesn't anyone see how much this means to me?  Am I the only one who is so thankful that i would give up my life for anyone that needed my organs when I die. You know I was hoping that this was going to be a good blog today, but it has just really upset me, that I don't think I can write any more.

So for as long as i am alive, I will cherish the lungs that were so generously donated to me.  I will guard them with my life, protect them at all cost, and do whatever deemed necessary to give these beautiful lungs the live the previously owner, should be living.  Well in order for my life to prevail, I should not rely on anyone but myself to thank God and my donor family for what they have given me.  Because some days, I feel as though I am the only one fighting this battle.

I will celebrate on my own this year.  And should anyone feel it necessary to wish me a good day then that's fine.  but it's not just my day, it's also my other family's day.  The should get the same amount of respect from my friends and family, as they give me.

Good night Blogland

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...