I am so excited you came by!

Wednesday 23 July 2014

Jessica "Jess" Forsyth June 14th 1989 ~ July 19 2014


Jessica Lynne
"Jess"
Forsyth
June 14th 1989 ~ July 19th 2014






FORSYTH, Jessica Lynne

Peacefully on Saturday, July 19, 2014 at the Ottawa General Hospital at the age of 25 of Cystic Fibrosis. She was born June 14, 1989 in Ottawa to John Forsyth and Brenda Deslauriers. Jessica graduated from Philemon Wright High School (Gatineau) and remained in the Ottawa area. Jessica loved being active and social. When not with her family, she could be found with friends in the market, mudding in the valley, working with the CHEO telethon or raising awareness with Sixty Five Roses. Jessica is survived by her parents John and Brenda, stepmother Pat Lydiard her sister Ashley (Greg) Mouland, nephew William Mouland, grandmother Helen Forsyth, lifelong friend Beverley Part as well as many aunts, uncles, cousins and countless friends. Jessica had requested that those in attendance be comfortable – casual attire is encouraged. Friends and family are invited to visit at the Central Chapel of Hulse, Playfair & McGarry, 315 McLeod Street (at O'Connor) on Thursday, July 24 from 2-4 p.m. and 7-9 p.m. A Celebration of Life Service will be held in the Chapel on Friday at 4 p.m. followed by a Reception at Stanley's Old Maple Farm in Metcalfe. Memorial donations can be made to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation or the Make a Wish Foundation.

As you can see, I have lost another angel this past weekend.

This was the first time i met Jess;

February 6th 2007 ~ Ottawa Senators Sixty Five Roses Gala

Emilie Joinette & Jessica "Jess" Forsyth
Sixty Five Roses Gala 2007
Jess was one to roll with the punches, laugh at anyone who makes an ass of themselves, and is the first to tell you to shut up and let her finish what she was saying.

About a month ago, Jess was in the hospital having been admitted for the usual Exacerbation CF sufferers often become admitted for. We talked for a good 2 hours about anything and everything, she told me about her boyfriends, and her family and the love of her life, her nephew.

Sounds a lot like me, when it was my turn to be in the hospital for months on end.  Difference between Jess and myself.. I wanted a transplant.  Jess felt that a transplant means someone has to die, she has to WAIT for someone to die so she can live.

For 25 years old, and having been admitted more than I have in my lifetime, she was ready to throw in the towel.  She was sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I used that same line on Derek when I had my Port put in,  I was on morphine and couldn't sleep. I was like Jess said, sick and tired of being sick and tired.

Jess fought, and fought.  I won't say she didn't because I saw her do it.  She was weighing in at less than 90 pounds when i saw her, was tough on herself for not gaining weight.  She was wise beyond her years.  She was a good ol' Mudding girl, loves bikes, 4 wheelers, mud, trucks.  Jess had these amazing blue eyes that would speak to you all on their own.  You just had to look at her, and it's like anything that you worried about, was released form your mind by just seeing her smile, looking into her eyes, and listening to her laugh.

Jess, I may not have been your best friend, or even a really close one.  But I was grateful that you allowed me the honour of getting to know you, and being a sound board when you needed one. I am sorry I wasn't there to say good bye to you in person, I can only hope that you know how important all mu Cysters and Fibros are.  I hold you all close to my heart.

Those that have passed, and those who in the fight right now, can rest assured knowing that i will continue where you left off.  I will celebrate you and your life.  I will advocate since you can no longer do so.

I pledge to all those I have lost too soon, Eva, Emily, Emilie, Tim, Jess, Marc, Dexter, Meg and so many others.  I will make sure that everyone knows your story, hears about who you are, and what your life meant to me.  I will take my storey and make sure that wherever anyone treads, that we are the first people they think of. 

I hope that I can live up to your expectations and bring results like you have.

To those who have loved ones who are struggling with any kind of illness, let them know you aren't forgetting about them, that they are still in your thoughts all the time, no matter where we are.  So much has happened in our young lives that no one will ever understand.

Transplants are not a cure, they are a life line to give you that extra time.  Depending on how well you treat your body you can go on forever.  I hope to, I really do.  I want to be around when they mention to all the world that the cure for Cystic Fibrosis has been found.  I only wish it would happen sooner rather than later.

For all of you loving and caring for someone who is ill, I want to thank you for all you do.  Doctors, Nurses, Personal Support workers, and the admin staff of all the hospitals I have been in. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

With love and a wounded heart
~Ali


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...