I am so excited you came by!

Saturday 22 June 2013

Flooding in Alberta June 2013

Hello Friends;


I have been a very bad girl.  I haven't been the author of my life, like I have been in the past.  summer is finally here, and it's not here with good tune.  My family and friends in Alberta Canada have been going through some pretty scary and unseen things in the history of my existence.  Flooding has taken this beautiful Province and turned it upside down.

Here are some of the images that have taken this province and turned it into it's own provincial swimming pool. Homes and families displaced, the damage has been compared to that of Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans.  

Highways are none existent at this time, and the damage is breaking my heart.  I am amazed at the damage that water and mother nature have reeked on this beautiful and scenic province in my beautiful green filled country.

Some images over the past few days...

    

I wonder what is going on in the heads of all these people who have been slapped in the face with these high rising waters?


As Canadians we will fight back, we will open our doors to those in need, we will take in complete strangers, give them dry clothes, food and a roof over their heads.  

A hot shower and a hearty meal.  Filled with love and open hands, i would love to open my doors to those in need, but I , alas, and in Ontario. 


Too far to do anything physical, but not spiritual. 


Trans Canada Highway

Bless you Alberta, and I am here!

XOXOX
ME


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...