I am so excited you came by!

Saturday 7 March 2009

Home in Toronto!

Woohoo!

March 4th, 2009, 2 weeks and 2 days post transplant, I was given my DISCHARGE papers to go to my new temporary home in Toronto.
I walked outside, took a big breath, and never felt so
exhilarated in my life.
The intake felt like it was going on forever.
Something I hadn't been able to do for so long.


The Freedom of Breathing

It feels like a long Hawaiian waterfall, that falls with beauty, tranquility and the sounds of softness and breeze. It's a feeling that no matter how you try to explain it, visualization is the only think I can think of. Tall, mountainous waterfalls with the beauty of mist and the sensation of coolness in your chest that makes everything else seem oblivious.

(These flowers are from the Lumley/Ackerson & Hardy's)
PHOTO: Proulx Photography 2009

To correspond with my male friends and family, it's like drinking the coldest beer on the hottest day, sitting in your pool chair. With an endless supply of Bikini Babes bringing you what you want when you want. Sounds good huh, well, Mountain waterfalls is my way of saying, HEAVEN!

Food tastes that much better, drinking juice, water, milk is so much easier, no gulping really. A smooth and sensual dance down my throat, with the flavors tickling my taste buds, like they have never been able to taste anything like that before. Bobby wasn't kidding, when he said, he found a new love in eating food again.

Bobby and Noreen Richer (Mother and Son) came to visit me in Toronto, and brought me a beautiful flower plant, and card. Bobby was celebrating his 9th anniversary of his Double Lung and Liver, and he is one of my inspirations by far. The only CF'er I knew of at the time, before I met Amanda and Tim, who had gone through transplant.
(PHOTO: Proulx Photography 2009)



When I was asked to make a speech 2 years ago for the CF AGM in Cornwall, all I could think about was being like Bobby. He's strong, and a very important part of my CF Community. I treasure knowing him, and being able to visit with him more frequently now than ever.

I also had a beautiful visit from Rebecca, Nanny and Stephanie. Stephanie brought me a Sudoku book, and the Lumley's Ackerson's and Hardy's & Nanny, gave me a beautiful flower arrangement. Thank you so very much, it was and still is beautiful.

Derek took these pictures at the apartment, because the hospital did it no justice, and we couldn't take the cellophane off, cause we did not know we could not have any flowers. Oops!

This is a picture he took of the Vase, it's cool cause it light up red, obviously. D'uh! So you can see how pretty they are.

Thanks for the pick me up guys, I love them very much.

(PHOTOS: Proulx Photography 2009)


Well, I will post pictures up of my stay in a little bit.
Hope everyone enjoys these so far.
Can't wait to
hear from you all.

Much love.
Alison

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are at your appartment. Its so great to see how your progress is coming along, you are such a strong person, thats why you are where you are today : )

    Cant wait to see more pics and read more about your adventure.
    Bless you!
    Love ya
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...