I am so excited you came by!

Friday 24 September 2010

European Adventures

So yesterday was my fathers birthday, and he spent it drinking a bottle of champagne with my mom in Erope, actually, if I am not mistaken they are in Portugal. Wow, that is some birthday. This whole thing started about 2 years ago when my dad began hoarding his earnings, to create a Europe account. 2 years later, he's gone on a golfing trip with my husband and all his friends from growing up, my dad freinds. Mom's birthday came around while he was away, and it was my job to make it memorable. Boy sis i make it memorable. I had wraped the envelope about their trip in a box, covered in tape, then bubble wrapped it, then stuck it in another box, and taped it like there was no tomorrow. Then a proceeded to wrap this sucker in Christmas wrapping paper, because that was all I had at the time. While my mother opened her strange but unique gift, the letter my father wrote was proceless. I can't put it up here, as i don't remember it word for word. But my mother called my father a liar. Funny as hell. So as she opened her gift(s) she was looking through the pamphlets and it took about 3 minutes for her to realizr that my father had saved up money to take my mother on a European trip for her birthday. That happens to take place while it's my father's birthday. So romantic. Ahhhh. They started a blog about their adventures, and it's so much fun. I am so proud of them. It's been forever that they have wanted to do something like this, and now they are. I have never been more proud of my parents, for finally doing something for themselves, after doing everything for us, for so long. Well deserved Momma and Paw, well deserved. Love and safe travels. Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...