I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 26 May 2009

This one's for Ashley!

Mark this on my calendar.

Tonight at 10:00pm I received a exciting call from my friend Ashley's mother. It was a call I was not expecting for at least another two weeks or more, and low and behold it came nice and early.

My friend Ashley, that I kind of met at St. Mike's when I was there, got the call for her new lungs tonight. Now I sort of know how my family felt when I got the call, only they probably experienced a little more fear and trepidation than I did with Ashley.

This was something we both talked about for quite some time, and now that her day has finally arrived, i had to tell her to relax and be strong. i am so proud of her right now, I can't stop smiling.

I know how she feels, she's scared, and nervous and confused. i say confused because she told me she was feeling better. Ashley honey, you don't know better until you get those new lungs into you. She won't let me come to see her, but I will try my damnedest to get out there to see her, whether she likes it or not.

Anyhow, I needed to mark this moment with a blog. As I cannot express the excitement, and nervousness I feel all at one time. I hope I'll be able to sleep tonight because I have to go to Ottawa for my check-up tomorrow morning.

I can't wait to get the call when her surgery is done, I cannot wait. For everyone who is reading this,please pray for Ashley tonight, that her surgery goes well in the morning, and that her donor rests peacefully knowing they have helped save another persons life. Pray that Ashley will come out of this safely, and stronger than ever before. Pray that her next deep breath is taken with a lot of strength.

Please God, watch over Ashley in this time of fear and uncertainty, I pray for her family and support system. She's a strong girl, who made a hard decision with very little waiting time. 2 weeks is long enough when you're sick. Be there for her, and pray with her, that's all I ask.

With love & Gratitude to you all
Ali

1 comment:

  1. Yay Team Ashley! I am so excited for her! She was also my neighbour on 6 B. :) Glad she is leaving THAT place behind her now.

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...