I am so excited you came by!

Friday 20 March 2009

So much to say...

Well, where to begin.

On the 11th of March I started Physio. And it was fabulous. There is nothing like the feeling of the burn in your muscles. Especially since they haven't been able to burn like this in a long time. I have been going religiously for the last two weeks, and slowly increasing my weight limit. I was working on 6 lbs for biceps, and have just graduated to 7 lbs. As for the legs, well they started at 3 lbs, and now i have graduated to 4 lbs. My arms feel it today, and my legs too. I LOVE THE BURN, it's a sign of hard work, and that I can still have muscles. I cannot wait to get my legs back, I have missed them so much.

My appointments have been going great, mu PFT's (Pulmonary Function Tests) have gone up. Here are the stats on that one.

Last Appointment results:
FVC (L) : 2.6 or 71%
FEV1 (L) : 1.9 or 60%

This Appointment results:
FVC (L) : 2.4 or 66%
FEV1 (L) : 2.0 or 62%

The only downfall about the results, is that with every technician does the test differently, and when you get someone you aren't used to, or who does it slightly different than what you are used to, the results aren't the same. Not to mention, as you gain weight, the numbers change, my last appointment my weight was 47 kilos, and this Monday's appointment I was 52 kilos. Which is a significant change, water retention sucks. That also changes my B.M.I. which is Body Mass Index, changes from 19.2 to 21.2. So when I weigh more, the numbers fluctuate with that. Too complicated, and twisted. From now on, I am going to ask to get the same girl I had the first time. she took better care, explained what test she was doing first, and at least she was fun to be with.

Anyhow, enough about that crap...

So Toronto life isn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. I don't really go anywhere besides the hospital, but I love the unique shops that are downtown. The little clothing stores, the big ones, the craft stores, and did I mention Henry's. Oh Henry's. I wish i could live in that store. Probably on of the only places I could spend the entire day in, well, that and the art galleries, and photography places here. Did I mention Henry's yet. haha

I still don't like big cities, but the stores are awesome. If we could get rid of the cars, and the speed that people travel at around here, I think I could live here. I don't like to move fast, I like to stop, smell the roses, or take a picture of the cute older couple sitting on the park bench together engaged in a deep and meaningful conversation. I like to stop and take a picture of the dog that is chasing the squirrel up the tree, speaking of squirrels, I don't think Toronto has any. I haven't seen any. Raccoons, those I have seen, and they are FAT!

Today is an exceptional day. It's sunny, and it's the FIRST DAY OF SPRING! Yay!

My birthday is in 41 days, yes folks, this is going to be a great day. I turn 30 on April 30th. My Champagne birthday as they call it. Although I don't look a day over 18. Well that's what they tell me when I go to the hospital for visits. Accountants love me!

What do i want for my birthday, well let's see. A new set of Golf Clubs, got the bug and it's running through my veins like a freight train through a snow bank. I will watch Golf on TV, and I just can't get enough. I can't wait to swing that club, what the crap out of an innocent little ball, who obviously chose the wrong profession. Mmm Golf. Woohoo!!!!!

I am planning a little something for the summer, that I can't really talk about until I get all the info down. Once that is in place, you will read all about here. And it's going to be amazing. Sun, Volley, Fun and Food. That's all I am going to say for now.

Well, not much more to report here, so I hope everyone is doing well. I feel great, I look great and what's most inspiring to me wight now, is that I can help make a difference. Did anyone catch my article in the paper? Here's the link if you want to check it out. Front page, I made front page. How cool is that!!!! Thanks Dad for sending me the link, my photo was in the paper, but not online. --> you may have to cut and paste it into your browser bar.

http://standard-freeholder.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=1483102

This is a little clue as to my plan this summer... keep your eyes open for more details in the upcoming months.

Much love to you all, I miss you all, and can't wait to come home to see everyone.

Love, kisses & Long Deep Breaths.
Ali

1 comment:

  1. Hey!
    Im Kellee a CF wife and I just found your blog through 1 of my followers!! I love reading cystic stories so Im so glad I found your bloggie!!
    xox

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...