I am so excited you came by!

Wednesday 14 January 2009

Simplicity

Easy does it, easy does it.

Tomorrow is the big day. Tomorrow the Doctors in Toronto review my tests, and decide whether they will take me and put me on "The LIST". And I am feeling the punch right now, boy oh boy. It's trying to stay calm, when the boats are being beaten by the sea in a hurricane. What's that called a White Squall, yeah that's what it feels like. For sure.

I am trying to stay calm, and relaxed, but it's my life in their hands, literally. It's up to them whether I get to see another set of lungs. Oh my Lord. Time is so strange right now, it's like I can hear the tic of each second on the clock as though it were chiming right in my ear. No question.

Now when they say I will be listed, it's all about timing. I will find out soon, and if I get in I have to wait here in Ottawa until they have a bed available in Toronto at St. Mike's hospital. And as soon as that happens I will be taken by air ambulance to Toronto. Once in Toronto, I will be admitted and wait in the hospital until lungs come for me. I will keep you all posted on that too.

Well that's all I have to report today. See you next time. If you have questions, just ask.

3 comments:

  1. I hope everything went well at your appointment and you get your new lungs soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So,once you are listed you wait in the hospital until lungs come? Couldn't that take awhile? I have been on the list for 8 months and I would go out of my mind if I had to wait that long sitting in a hospital bed! How long is the average wait time on the list in Toronto?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I've signed my donor card! - for people just like you - bright, beautiful shining lights for the rest of us. Congratulations for making "the list".

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...