I am so excited you came by!

Monday 1 March 2010

Olympic wrap-up

Well, there you have it, ladies and gents. CANADA has successfully kicked butt. We have a record breaking 14 GOLD medals. The most in Olympic history and the most in history of host countries.

Did you all see the nail biter of a game last night, holy crap, I nearly fell off my chair. Poor little Harrison will never forget that day. Even though he's only 5 months old, he's a trooper, slept through most of our shouting. Good little man! He's adorable. Matt & Kristiina, you make good babies.

Anyhow, as you might have already guessed, I managed to get out of Vancouver, before the traffic of people and athletes leave. Sometimes, you just have to do what needs to be done. And that was what I had to do. I can now safely say that I am no longer a smurf.

Hey you should all check out my Team Cornwall Card online, and you can email me and see what I am up to.

http://www.teamcornwall.com/alisonproulx.htm

Life is amazing, I celebrated my one year anniversary in style. I was off, and had a Skype video conversation with my whole family, and friends. Talk about wishing you were home to see everyone. The up side to this whole thing was that my Aunt and Uncle, and cousins, who weren't able to be with me during the surgery, or the day of, physically. Were there to celebrate with me, for my one year.

I will post pictures when I can, and I hope that is soon. I need to download them all, all 400 of them. And what really sucks, is that none of them are of athletes as I was not allowed to take their pictures. Working in the Village you have to abide by the rules, and I did. I am a good girl sometimes. haha

The highlight of my last shift, was that the Canadians beat the Russians 7-3, and the Russians were the last group I scanned in. YES I saw and chatted a little with Ovechkin. He's got nice eyes, and that's about it. haha I'll have better updates soon, as I scan through my journal to see that I wrote, and who I met. The Russians were a solid part of my experience, as i saw them the most.

Write again soon.

Cheers
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...