I am so excited you came by!

Saturday 2 January 2010

Christmas & New Years 2009 - 2010

I had the best Christmas ever this year. Not only was i healthy and excited about it, i was enjoying my time home for once. for the past 3 years, i had been really sick at Christmas, not being able to enjoy my friends and family like I had wanted to. Last year I spent Christmas and New years in the hospital. Welcome to 2009, cause it sucked.

But then it all looked better when I was the proud new owner of a brand new, to me anyhow, set of lungs. What a great welcome to 2009. and this year, a the same time I get to spend my one year anniversary of new lungs at the Vancouver 2010 Olympic Games. It doesn't get any better than that. Well it would if I could bring my whole family down there with me. That i am not looking forward to, but I will be with family, and that's what's important. This family, my Uncle Brian, Auntie Sue, Aunt Sue and cousin Steve and his wife Vicki, will be there to celebrate with me, the anniversary of my new life. WOOHOO Vancouver 2010.

I also just found out that my cousin Jim will be in Whistler whilst I work in Vancouver, yep he's been accepted to the Olympics to volunteer also. So excited for you cuz, imagine 2 Wilson's in one Olympics, it's a miracle darn it. And freaking awesome at that!

So you are probably wondering who the character is up on the screen here. Well let me introduce you to Miga, he's my favorite of all the mascots in the Olympics this year. He's cute, here's his BIO:

Miga is a young sea bear who lives in the ocean with her family pod, beyond Vancouver Island, near Tofino, British Columbia. Sea bears are part killer whale and part bear. (Miga is part Kermode bear, a rare white bear that only lives in British Columbia.)

All summer long, Miga rides waves with local surfers. But during the winter months, she often sneaks onto the shores of Vancouver to seek adventure. When Miga discovered that humans were ‘surfing’ on snow, up in the mountains, she knew she had to join the fun. Snowboarding soon became her favourite winter sport. Her dream is to land a corked 720 in the half-pipe one day…It will take lots of practice, and a few falls along the way, but she’s sure she can do it.

The sea bear is inspired by the legends of the Pacific Northwest First Nations, tales of orca whales that transform into bears when they arrive on land. The Kermode bear is a rare white or cream-coloured sub-species of the black bear that is unique to the central West Coast of British Columbia. According to First Nations’ legend, Kermode bears – also known as Spirit Bears – were turned white by Raven to remind people of the Ice Age. Orcas are also honoured in the art and stories of West Coast First Nations, as travellers and guardians of the sea.

You can take the quiz to find out which mascot you ate lost like. i was Miga, hence why Miga is there. D-uh.

http://www.vancouver2010.com/mascot/en/game_mascotquiz.php

I had the best Christmas, my wonderful adoring husband bought me a new TV for our bedroom, and DVD player. i like to watch TV in bed, kind of a hobby I acquired from many a hospital visit, that it is like a way of life for me. So he was kind enough to thin of me that way. 22 inches of HD TV, and a DVD player to watch all my DVD's on. Criminal Minds and Paranormal State, his favorites... NOT! But they are mine.

I am also hoping to meet up Eve Markvoot, a girl from West Minster BC who had a Double lung transplant ans is in rejection right now. I hope to meet up with her, and share our stories, and let he know that it's not always bad. She's waiting for new lungs right now, and I hope she doesn't have to wait as long this year as she did before. you can see her story at this website:

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Shows/The_Passionate_Eye/ID=1333883430

Please watch this documentary, it's awesome and real!

Cheers
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...