I am so excited you came by!

Saturday 31 May 2014

My Mom...



If there is positive people in your life, then life flows much more smooth.  I have the best of the positive genes that come from the one woman who makes me laugh, smile and cry all at once.  that's my Momma.

I Decided I needed to make a post about my mom.  She has gone through a lot in her young and vivid life. Having my older sister and myself at a young age, took care of us, worked hard to provide us with the things young children need.  Food, Shelter, warmth and lots and lots of love.  My mom is one of those people that when you meet her, you can't help but love her.

She embraces all the things in life that i can only strive to be.  She raised 4 beautiful young daughters, who I have to say are pretty damn hot.  If it weren't' for the best of grandmothers in the world, whom I like to call Meme, we wouldn't be here.  I have positive ladies in my life.

Can you imagine being a young mother of a two year old, and having a new baby who isn't doing the normal things that babies do.  not eating, pooping like mad and well for being a happy baby, no one would have thought there was anything wrong with me.  a CF baby is something that in the 70's wasn't the best of results.  Being told your daughter won't live to see her fifth birthday.  My mom, pretty much told the doctors to take their pamphlets and shove it.  I am so proud that my mom ignored what they were telling her about my fate.

A chubby little monkey came home from CHEO, love that place, eating, laughing smiling and being that best of babies.  I can only remember my mom's positive thoughts growing up.  Encouragement to join gymnastics, she probably though seeing as I was doing cartwheels all along the house, that I might as well put it to use. did that for many years, then became a coach. 

ME: "Can I try dance Mom?"
MOM: "Sure honey"

That lasted 5 years
ME: "Heather does Synchro, can I try that too?"
MOM: "Sure Honey"

That lasted 5 years, skipped two levels in the first year, made the team to represent Cornwall in the Ontario Games.  Took Synchro in Montreal with Carolyn Waldo's coach for three weeks at the age of 13.  Oh the possibilities if I kept going.  No regrets!


ME:  "Mom can I try figure skating?"
MOM: "Sure Honey"

Lasted 2 years, skipped three levels in the first year, won best first year performance.  MVP I guess you could call it! Stopped that when my coach after the second year was 10, I was 12. I felt insulted.

ME: "Mom Allison and Crystal and I want to go into ARMY Cadets..."
MOM: "Sure Honey"

At thirteen this was the best thing i could have ever done.  I was so loved and respected there.  Partly because I had Cystic Fibrosis and they thought I was going to be a charity case, that I wasn't going to be able to keep up. But I proved them wrong and made my mark on the Corps.  I won Best Female first year cadet, and Cadet of the year in my first year. I was a member of the  Colour Party and the Drill team.  I was so excited to wear a quilt.  I was also a member of the Skill and Arms team my first year.  It was a blast, we were shooting rifles with live Amo. They don't do that now. I was told that because of my CF I wan't able to attend the two week camp needed by all first year cadets to be able to move up in rank.  I fought to go and I don't regret it for one minute.

I was able to get letters from my platoon leader, my school phys-ed teacher, my doctor and my family friends to show to the higher ups that this illness hasn't stopped me and won't.  I went to that two week camp in ipperwash, and it was the best experience I have ever had.  If I could I would join the army now.  Tried but was rejected because of my health issues.  That was something i couldn't get my high school phys-ed teaher to get me out of.  Oh well.  NO REGRETS!

I think of all the things I have done in my life, Gymnastics, Synchro and Cadets are my top 5.

Did my mother ever hold me back... NEVER!

Parents now need to keep their children with CF as active as possible.  I don't regret anything I have ever done.  I have the mom of all moms.  She never said NO to activities to keep me healthy.  

I get my positive attitude from my mom, my determination from my mom.  when someone says I can't I will prove them wrong and DO!

To my mom, my first best friend, my fashionista, my doctor, my mentor and my inspiration for living life to the fullest.

The best mom in all the world!


Kiss your mom everyday, call her tell her you love her and always remember she's got you in her heart all the time!

Love you Momma!

Ali




1 comment:

  1. This post was posted at 3:33 the time of the angels!

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...