I am so excited you came by!

Saturday 31 May 2014

Ever listen to a song...

Hey everyone,

Just out of curiosity, but when was the last time you listened to a song and thought, holy shit this is so my life? Well, I can't say that it has totally happened to me, but I can tell you this.  Every song I listen to lately has something to do with an aspect of my life.  For instance, the memories that come with songs is pretty astounding.

Let me tell you about some.

When I was at St. Mike's in Toronto, I was listening to our local radio station to the very talented Traci Trottier, and there was a Jason Mraz song that I hadn't heard before that seemed to make a big splash on what was a very shitty day.  That song was "I'm Yours".  I emailed Traci and asked her about the song, and she gave me the skinny on it.  I was amazed that I hadn't heard it ever before.  Now when I hear it I think of Traci Trottier, and to make this story that much better not even two days later she graced me with her beauty and came by to say hello.  Email is such a wonderful thing.

Jason Mrax - I'm Yours

I am listening to my music on my computer as I am writing this and my BFF Mel is now in my head.  Two song have been played back to back, that reminds me of out adventures together.  One is DMX's Up in here a reminder of our Freddy's days, where they allowed smoking in the bars.  Now it's a reminder of my time working with the Cornwall Colts hockey club.  Driving to Ottawa and Kanata and Gloucester, and not to mention Brockville.  Mostly Ottawa passing Mann Road and saying to each other "Mann-Err" after my best male bud at the time Chris Mann, and the song is "I can love you better" by the Dixie Chicks, that whole album reminds me of Mel.  Her singing in key and me totally off, and she didn't say a thing.  Love her that much.  This ones for you doll!  Miss you daily.

Dixie Chixks - I Can Love you Better

Ok so now brings me back to living in Kingston where i worked as a Hostess at East Side Mario's on Division, living in the heights.  I would have the Fly FM on the radio.  This song is one of many from that time that I love, this one right now is Shawn Mullins Lullaby.  Beauty of a song.  I think in all my life, I have never stayed ina city that i loved so much.  Kingston, I think I was born to live there.  It's like Cornwall, only bigger, but not like a big city.  Transportation is available anywhere you go. It's beautiful, oh did i mention that the thunderstorms there are AMAZING!  Now my BFF of over 20 years lives there with her family.

Shawn Mullins - Lullaby

Ah the amazing magic that music has on our minds. I LOVE music!


Peace and Love Music People!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...