I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 23 August 2011

Mt favourite Sports & Athletes

I had a dream.  When I was younger, I was taking Synchronized swimming.  Which would help tremendously with keeping the lungs clear, the breathing techniques alone where my physio.  Try holding your breath for 22 seconds, while flailing your legs and dancing underwater, flipping, hanging upside down and counting in your head.  Trying not to forget that you have to keep your legs out of the water, scull and eggbeater when you are preparing for a lift.

DON'T TOUCH THE BOTTOM OF THE POOL, it's a deduction, oh the judges can see it, underwater cameras.  Synchro was my life.  I chose it over gymnastics when I made both competitive teams.  Then I found out to make it big, you have to move to Quebec.  I was 13 years old, do you really think I want to move away from home... ummm no.

I think I spoke of this in earlier writings, but I have to say it again, cause I miss it soooo much.  So I think I might get together with the City of Cornwall and start a Competitive Synchro Club.  The club we have is not competitive, so now I have to get my creative juices starting.  How do I start a club, who do I contact, when do i contact the government, can I get a grant for equipment and manuals.  Will I be able to get the pool time?  Who will supervise?  I am going to need coaches?  Where does it all end, and how do I start.

This is Synchronized swimming...




SYNCHRONIZED SWIMMING = BETTER LUNG CAPACITY
BETTER LUNG CAPACITY = EASY BREATHING




TIME TO ENJOY ONE OF MY FAVOURITE SPORTS!

Thank you for sharing in my interest in Swimming, especially Synchronized Swimming, it's not shown enough, I can only hope to put it on the map here in little ol' Cornwall.

Much Love always
Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...