I am so excited you came by!

Thursday 16 September 2010

It's in the words...

For those of you looking for a good read in the near future, I highly recommend reading Andre Agassi's biography. He is amazing. When he talks about the pain in his body, I totally understand where he is coming from. Not only did i experience that pain, or something similar, but I can also admit, that I was not privy to being able to lie down on the hard floor to make my back feel better.

My Cf friends will contest that sitting in an upright or laying down in a 45 degree angle, was the only way we could somehow get any rest. Otherwise the mucus in our lungs would growl at us, and suffocate us. Being able to lay down on your back, is a gift, one that a lot of us never get to experience.

Although I cannot say that I am one of those patients any longer. I was lucky, had my transplant and can sleep on any surface, any where at any time. And that is pretty much what i do. I have at least 30 years of sleep to catch up on.

Sending a "SHOUT OUT" to my dear friend Ronnie today. He's in the hospital getting an oil change, tuning up the motor and making sure things run smoothly. And you know what, when he's got all of us here, rooting for him, there isn't anything that can stop us. We're running for you Sick Boy.

I want to write a little quote that I got from Andre Agassi's book... here it is...


"Even it it's not your ideal life, you can always choose it. No matter what your life is, choosing it changes everything."

Isn't that awesome. There are a few other quotes that he uses, but I was stupid not to mark them in the book as I was reading it. This one stood up, and was easy to mark, because I had a post it sitting right next to me on the table when I was reading the last few chapters.

Andre Agassi is an amazing soul. His beliefs are amazing. He met Mandela for crying out loud. There was a quote he got from Mandela's autobiography that really made me smile, but, do you think can i remember the quote, NOOOOOO.

That will be my next read I think, Nelson Mandela's book. Thanks Andre for inspiring me to read Mandela's autobiography and loving reading about who you were, and who you became. Isn't it funny how we always seem to quote other people, but never ourselves. Do you think others quote us, when we say something meaningful and inspirational?


So for those of you who like pictures, like me, this is the cover of Mandela's Autobiography, which I am hoping to get for Christmas... hint hint, to whomever I know is reading this, and wants to get me something for Christmas.

Oh Christmas, why did i have to go and say that. Sorry about that everyone, I'll try not to do it again.

Much love to all, and Get Well wishes to Ronnie and all my other CF friends in for a tune up.

Bless you all.

Ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...