I am so excited you came by!

Wednesday 25 August 2010

18 MONTH ASSESSMENT!!!!!

Ladies and Gentleman, let me introduce you to my 18 month assessment.

But first let me tell you about the wonderful people who have opened their home to us while we are down there. Derek and I were blessed to spend our 4 days in Mississauga, about 30 minutes outside of Toronto.

We had a wonderful Saturday and Sunday of free time, Travis and Lauren had a little gathering and it was spectacular. Their hospitality will not go unrecognized. Not by us anyhow.

MONDAY: Assessment Day #1

6:00 am - wake up
6:30 - 7:10 am - travel from Mississauga to Toronto General Hospital
7:15 - 7:45 am - get blood work done
8:00 - 8:30 am - Pulmonary Function test & Arterial Blood Gas - have a nice bruise too.

Results of PFT :
FEV 1 @ 2.5 or 94%
FVC @ 3.1 or 87%
8:45 - 9:45 am - Chest CT & X-Ray
9:50 - 11:15 am - sat around trying to waste time, wish i could have slept, but didn't.
11:30 - 11:45 am - 6 minute walk test.
12:00 - 1:30 pm - lunch at the Chinese place. Not bad, not great.
1:30 pm - supposed to go in for doctors appointment.
3:30 pm - actual admitting to doctors office
4:30 pm - Doctor actually came in.

Results of Doctors meeting:

Stop taking potassium tablets, increase Cyclosporine to 175 am & pm. They may reduce my Prednisone level to 5mg instead of 7.5. WOOHOO, this is gret news. But won't hear until after my Bronch which is on Tuesday.

5:00 - 6:30 p, - Toronto General Hospital to Mississauga - TRAFFIC SUCKS!

TUESDAY: Assessment Day #2

8:30 am - meds taken
9:00 - 10:30 am - back to bed
10:45 - 11:30 - clean Travis and Lauren's apartment, it's the least we could do.
12:00 am - Register for Brochoscopy appointment.
12:30 - 1:00 pm - Had IV put in, and took the necessary inhalers for pre Bronc
1:30 - 3:30 pm - Bronc done, and believe it or not i love them.

When I get a chance, I'll post my last Bronc on here if I can get it to work. I don't smoke, don't do drugs and don't drink, but I love being put under for a bronc... I know, I am weird. But hey, if you have to do it, you might as well like it right.

My Doctor, Dr. Singer listens to music while she does her broncs. It's awesome, when I came in, smile and all, she had changed her ipod music to Elvis Costello's song called "Alison". It was awesome. She loves me, and i love her. If it weren't for her following up with me for the last 5 years, I wouldn't be here today.

The doctors in Toronto are amazing. LOVE LOVE LOVE them.

Well, until I get results back from that, you are going to have to keep tight, cause i am just as anxious as you are to hear if I have any rejection or anything like that. also, find out if i can change my Prednisone levels. Woohoo again, that will be amazing.

Well, time to head off to bed.

Love you all
Ali

1 comment:

  1. Hello my beautiful shine,
    Dr. Singer isn't the only one who loves you hehe..
    Today is my 1 year and 3 month anniversary (well just passed as it's no longer the 27th). Weeeeee to you and I baby.

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...