I am so excited you came by!

Monday 12 July 2010

Lift-Off 2010

You are probably asking yourself, what the hell is Lift-Off.  Well let me tell you a little about the event that bring one city closer together, for a weekend of high flying adventures and Concerts to boot.

This past July 8th to the 11th, my little town of 46,000 people became the hub of entertainment.  Not only were there high flying Hot Air Balloons, but there was some awesome entertainment to celebrate the weekend.  I don't want to brag... but i will.

Can anyone tell me who this Guy is...


Tim Edwards of Crash Parallel

This guy is from a little band called Crash Parallel.  They are from Mississauga Ontario, and they are amazing. To say the least.  I was able to get some great shots of them playing at Lift-Off, that I found it hard to choose which one to pick.  I also o this shot, which is my favorite...


Crash Parallel

Lately I am obsessed with Black and White photography.  Most of you know I have my own little gig on the side that I do.  I shoot pictures of everything.  But Lift off is always a favorite, where else can a take pictures of bands, and people just having a good time, and totally enjoy the moment.  This is a time i remind myself, that 2 years ago at this time, I wouldn't have been able to go to this weekend event, as my lungs wouldn't perit me to do so.

So these guys might not be high on your radar, but I know for fact you can't deny who these guys are...


I think it's going Raine today....
Yep you guessed it, Our Lady Peace came to Cornwall, and rocked the house.  I didn't have enough time to take a thousand pictures, so I only took 950, all pretty much of Raine.  He's so yummy.  So Yummy I want to show you another one...

Raine, totally lucky shot.  And it's by far my favorite of all time.


This weekend also features the likes of Lighthouse, and Randy Bachman, bands I didn't get pictures of because of the rain.  i had a choice, take pictures in the rain, get sick... or... stay at home and admire Raine from my computer screen.  I chose the latter.

But Saturday night, was filled with electricity and excitement when this lady came on stage and made her presence known to a crowd of over 25,000... Who is she you ask, well let's find out...

Chantal Kreviazuk
I guess when you book OLP, you get his wife at half price, or vice versa.  They didn't play the same night, but what a show.  Her voice is so angelic, and inspiring.  "All I can do is love you to Pieces" has to be one of my favorites of her.  She is so inspirational, I felt like crying... but i didn't.  Not that there is anythign wrong with that.

Anyhow.  I have taken up enough of your time.  I will show you some balloons from the weekend, and maybe next year, we'll see you out here.

Ciao and enjoy the pictures of the Balloons.

Love lot's,
Ali

Launch field in St. Andrews Ontario

St. Andrews launch field

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...