I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 13 April 2010

Talking about me...

It has been brought to my attention, although some of you may not even care.  That I should be writing a book.  Well, low and behold, i am in that process as we speak.  I have been writing about my life for some time now, in a personal journal, and i think it's about time I share my antics with the world.

I had called the title of my book "Is this Destiny" and it's quite fitting actually, with the amount of shit that has gone on in my life.  I read about everyone else everyday, but I have no idea if anyone reads about me.  I have 25 followers, and that isn't nearly enough to start a campaign to raise awareness here.  How can I ge tout into the world that i am writing a book about myself, and my experiences with Cystic Fibrosis, what I have learned, who I have met, and what i can share with you, or anyone else.

This is my life, CF is my life, and I don't intend on letting it pass me by.  Eva sent out on a mission to start and leave behind a legacy.  Who can compare to a documentary about their life, when the opportunity isn't' there for all of us to share.  We don't have aspiring film producers and directors sitting in our homes, waiting for a call.  What can I do to get my name out there, at the same level if not a big lower, cause no one can compare to Eva.  Who do I talk to to get my sotry out there?

Well. I spoke with someone at IUniverse, it's a personal publishing company that i am thinking of working with.  It's not cheap, and it's seems to be a pretty interesting feat on my hands.  I plan to take this blog, and make it something amazing.  Something I can be proud to have my name attached to it.  i want to be big, I want to stand out, and I want to make a difference in someones life.

Making the decision to have a transplant, is not the easiest thing to do, and it most certainly is not an easy thing for family members to understand.  But i hope that my workd will make that transition a little easier, and a little more flexible and understanding.  When it was my choice to do this, I didn't talk to my parents until it was time for an assessment, and then it was all unrolling from there.

Assessment is the first step, waiting to be put on the list is the next step, and often times the longest one to wait for, then there is the agaony of being listed for the first time, but in my case the situation was different, I was so excited that i soulnt' imagine not being listed, then there is the wait time for the actual transplant.  When that call comes in, it's ike heaven opens up tis' doors and says, no more worries.  But there are worries, there is that chance that the lungs that are coming to you, aren't a match... then what... more waiting.

Some peoiple dont' make that list, and don't make it to the thrisd step of waiting.  I want to put a positive persepective on life, it's something we all need to know.  Transplant often work, they are not a cure for Cystic Fibrois, but it's another chance at life.

The way I see it, if you are going to lose everything, then why not take the chance on waiting... waiting never hurt anyone.  I had waited 29 years for my transplant, another month or two wasn't going to hurt.  I might not have survived, but it wasn't going to hurt, meds made sure of that.

Now that I have babbles on, I am seeking the help of my fellow readers.  I am attaching my personal email address to this post, as I want you to tell me what you think of me, before my transplant, how you knew me, and what it was about me, that inspired you or made you befriend me.  And if I only met you after my tranplant, what is it about me, that made you want to read about me, and be a part of my life.

All stories are welcomed, and might use some tid bits in my book.  You never know.  All the help is greatly appreciate.

With loving hope, and prayers for those who need them.

Alison

www.ccff.ca
www.cysticfibrosis.net

1 comment:

  1. Hi Alison,
    I absolutely love reading your blog.
    I think I've been reading them for a little over a year now and it makes me smile, or cry...or just about everything! I love how they keep me informed on how your doing and all about your life. I really think writing a book would be amazing. You are a great writer and I'm looking forward to what the future holds for you.
    I don't even think you remember, but you were my very first gymnastics coach. I remember thinking, wow she's so cool and always happy! I want to be a coach just like you. And that's what I did.
    I thought I'd just drop a little note just to say how much I admire you. Please keep writing these blogs because they're something I look forward to read. -Tini

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...