I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 20 April 2010

I would like to know...

Good Evening all,

I was just pondering the thought, as to how many people became organ donors after reading Eva's blog and saw her documentary?  It would be interesting to see what the numbers look like now.  If anyone knows the answer, please feel free to enlighten me, about what your country's Organ Donation count is at.  How many peeple in your country are willing to give their body to someone else who needs it.

The question often brought to my attention is whether or not i am an organ donor.  And the answer to that is simple one word "YES".  I have even asked my doctor if my donated lungs, can then be donated again, should I move on to a better place form a car accident or something like that.  I still hve not gotten a response yet.

Nor have I heard from my donor family.  i really want to hear from them.  I want to learn more about my donor than I can possible imagine.  What did they do for fun?  I want to know what they thought of my card, and the fact that I brought their loved one to Vancouver with me.  Whoever gave me these lungs, has tobe very strong, and have a strong family.  Otherwise I wouldn't be here today.

I live everyday for me.  I don't take anythign fro granted, I try to give back as best I can.  I try to educate people on CF, but in small town, it's hard to get sponsore for events that try to raise money for a good cause.  If it weren't for all those donations to the CF Foundation, it wouldn't have given me the chance to live to this age.  At almost 31, I can't imagine what it would be like to not be here.

When I was sick, that's all I could thin about.  When I was going  to go, how much longer I would be here, and most importantly who is going to take care of my family, when I am not around to hold them close when they hurt. That was my job, and is my job.  But who will do it, when I am gone.

I will love long, but not forever.  The chances of living forever, doesn't exist.  I could have the lungs of a 50 year old woman for all i know.  But i am thinking not.  I am too excited and energetic to leave this world without making a difference.  Eva has her documentary, now it's my turn to make a splash.  Eva, this one's for you.

I am writing a book as you all may have seen.  and it's going okay.  Not as productive as I thought, but going.  i will keep you all posted as to my adventures in writing.  Wish me luck.

Love always
Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...