I am so excited you came by!

Tuesday 19 May 2009

Today & everyday is for life!

What a day,. today I spent the day in Kingston. I have attended my first Ontario East Transplant Support Group meeting with some very amazing people. Pastor Ian Robb is the president and a Double Lung Transplant recipient, and coincidentally he also had the same Doctor I had perform the surgery. Dr. De Perrot is quit the man. Kudos to him and the team again.

I am hoping to start a O.E.T.S.G in Cornwall and area. You never know who is going to need a little help from their friends. I wish I had known about them before my surgery, they could have helped us out a lot with some things. Now I know where to go when I need some help. Not that there is anything wrong with the help I already have, it's fabulous, there's just a certain "je ne sais quios" with this group. There are Kidney's, liver's and hearts all around me that have been graciously donated to the people I now call my friends.

On my way home tonight, I saw a transport truck with a rather interesting bit of information on it. I don'[t know if anyone remember the little girl named Cecilia who went missing a fewmonths back, but her face was pklastered on the back of the transports load. It was a great way of showcasing missing people. I mean, who doesn't look at the back end of a Semi truck and not notice the face of a little girl gone missing? You would have to be blind to not see it.


This letter is for my Dear freind Ashley, who is waiting for her Double lung translant as I sit here and type this out.

Ashley,

You are a courageous young lady, with a beautiful smile, and eyes to boot. You know what to ask, and when to ask it, and for that you will become wiser in your years. We have been brought together for a reason, and that reason was for me to take you under my wing, to guide you and protect you. When you get your new gift, you will notice the most amazing things will happen.

Roses will smell sweeter, food will taste better, and the air you breathe will be that much nicer. It doesn't hurt anymore, it won't hurt anymore. The air will flow through like the the wind flows through your hair on a cool summer night. Not to mention actually being able to go outside in the summer, when before that was impossible. The heat will not bother us as much, noer will the humidity.

Think about the wonderful things we will be able to do. Breathing, walking and enjoying our new life as a free spirited living, brething and walking human being. We can actually say we are somewhat normal now, well you can say that, I don't know about me yet. lol

Ashley, keep strong like I know you are. And never forget who you are, and how important you are to me and your family. don't give up when they tell you to. Be strong, confident and positive. The results you want, will come in time. I promise you that. When that time comes, I will be there with bells on to take you for dinner. I am so very proud of you, and your choice. Had it gone any other way, I would still be proud of you. It's a tough decision to make, and it's even harder when people want you to make the choice they want, not what you want. But you managed to overcome that, and be a better person for it.

you have changed, and will continue to change as you grow.
You are woman, I hear you roar. lol


Love you Sweetie
ali

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...