I am so excited you came by!

Friday 8 May 2009

12 weeks on Monday!

Well, what a ride i have been on. As some of you may or may not know, I was able to come back to Cornwall to spend the last three weeks of my sentence. .. just kidding. It wasn't a sentence, but i was allowed to come home early. I admit I was a little nervous, but i got through it with the love, and support of my wonderful husband. who, by the way is one of the best dancers I have ever seen, one day I'll have to video tape his Stag dance, because it makes me laugh so hard, that if i wasn't strong enough, I would probably piss my pants. lol

I have become aware of this new video that is coming out on "The Lens" a Canadian series that features up and coming movies or documentaries. It's amazing. there is this young lady of 23, her name is Eva and she shares her Cystic Fibrosis story with the whole world. Now that's brave, I would have done it oo, if I was given the opportunity, I want the whole world to know my story. I want to help other CF patients who don't know if being on the transplant list, is where they want to be.

You hear so many bad stories about other transplantees, but all the sotries i have heard are good ones. I had done the tresearch, and evaluated my options, and I made the best choice of my life. Without making this choice, I wouldn't be here today to tell you about my experience. had I not gotten the surgery, I wouldn't be making people laugh, like I can now.

Life is too short to no take chances. I hink the best choice anyone can do, when they are faced with a challenging dillema, is to make a pro & Con list of their choice. i had done that a few times. One for the trnsplant itself, another because I was thinking of changing locations to Montreal instead of Toronto, I put the kabash on that one rather wuickly, and the lastone, was wether or not I mail the letters I wrote to everyone, before I had my transplant. Still debating on that one. They are very happy letters, with a few sad notations of friendship and love. Not something you want to mail to people when you are very healthy and loving the life you are leading. But maybe there's a reason for it in the first place.

It's like wondering who the donor is, do I want to know? Absolutely! Do they want to know about me? Who knows. The circumstances may npt be relevant to them, but to me, I want to know everything. what he/she did before they passed, what types of activities did they do, or how old the were. And sometimes people think that's morbid, but listen folks, this is someone who died so I can live, I want to make their legacy last, and keep their lungs in tip top shape like they had already done.

This is the facebook group for this new documentary called 65 red roses;

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?topic=6839&post=27997&uid=60310687919#/group.php?gid=60310687919

This is the official site fo the movie:

http://www.65redroses.com

Anyhow, these are my thoughts for today, I hope all is well in your world, cause mine is fabulous. Much love to you all!

XOXOX
Ali

1 comment:

  1. I found your blog!! I added you to my blog list on my blog.. I hope it's ok!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...