I am so excited you came by!

Saturday 7 March 2009

Organ Donation / Thank You

To Whom it may concern,
which is everyone reading this and more.


On January 15th, 2009 I had been listed to the Trillium Gift of Life Organ & Tissue Donation list, in a Category 2 state, which is he highest you can get for immediately needing lungs. I started my journey in Ottawa and finished first place in Toronto, on February 16th, 2009 on Canada's Second Annual Family Day.

God has given us a unique temple and fortress, that I like to call the Heart and soul.

It takes a really strong person to put themselves on an Organ Donation list, and an even stronger person to sign the card and register with the Ontario Health Government. You may have discussed with your family the option to be an organ and tissue donor, and that is a good thing, but it's more than just signing your Organ Donation card now. You must register with the Government, otherwise it's useless.


I was lessed that on February 15th, 2009 the gift of my new life came quickley. I cannot thank the famiy of this strong individual, whom I know nothing about, for their strength in believeing in this persons wishes to be an organ donor. Eveyday I breath, I take an extra one for "him/her" for they will live on forever with me.

I have been following Prliament these days with their request to make Organ Donation mandatory unless uotherwise stated for Religious beliefs, or you just don't want to, although I don't see why you wouldn't. Every human can save up to 8 others in donating organs, someitmes even 75 individuals can benefit from one human donation.

If you haven't signed you card, or talked to your family about it, I encourage you to do so. You must be 16 to donate your organs, unless it's a child, and then it's alittle more complicated. I have signed my card, but now I must register it with Health Canada and OHIP.

If you need anymore information regarding Organ & Tissue Donation please visit www.giftoflife.on.ca they have all the information you need.

I have some pretty amazing ideas slowly coming to fruition in the next few months, so keep your eyes peeled, all the people int he world need to know about these things, and I want you all to be a part of one of the best things you can do to keep another life going, even when you can't. If you donate your yourself, you will also get another chance at life. You may not experince it in your life, but in someone who really needs to be here, to carry on your name.

I plan on spreading the word, sending a Thank you to all those who helped me, and the family who so gereously allowed me to live with the lungs of their loved one. There aren't any words that can express my gratitude to them, their siblings and spouses.

I will have a more in depth blog about organ donation later on.

Breathing Easy
Ali

2 comments:

  1. Ali, I believe your comments about organ donation are so true and so so important. I have had my card signed and registered for years and now my feelings are so much more great knowing that you have had the best wish and blessing anyone could ever have gotten. We are all so grateful that you got these lungs.
    Love ya so much
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Feature

Are you there God, it's me Alison

Hopefully there is no copyright infringement in my Title this week. hehe ugh Can you believe that we are already into February? This is a bi...